Sunday, June 5, 2011

Found A Beautiful Pitcher -With A Biscuit Jar ????

I found this beautiful pitcher and container this weekend.  I had to think for awhile what the container might be -maybe it's a biscuit jar. The only marks on the bottoms are numbers stamped in.  No matter, I think they are both wonderful, they do have some chips, but I don't think that detracts from either one.  I plan to do some more research before I list them on my website.  I have found these are Royal Bayreuth, you can find them here.






I also found this wonderful metal container, I'm guessing it might have been used in a store.  Inside the lid is stamped Brunhoff Manufacturing Co.   I love the color and have decided to keep this piece for now.  It looks great on top of my kitchen cabinets.  It's very large, nine inches tall and twelve inches across.  I wonder if there was a replaceable label on the lid at some time.




If you know anything about these pieces, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. We recently uncovered a glass topped tin like yours. We suspect it was from a early 20th c. general store where it had been used to store items that could be viewed by looking thru the class. Brunhoff manufactured many storage containers and tobacco related products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have one like this only I believe taller...please call June Fields at Taylor County Museum at 270 304 1561. Thank you. We don't know what it was used for was in an old store.

    ReplyDelete