Sunday, July 11, 2010

Heading To Alaska

Four years ago my youngest son and I flew to Anchorage, Alaska to visit my oldest son.  He was about to get out of the Air Force and insisted we come to Alaska before he came home. Actually he told me he wouldn't come home if I didn't come up there first to visit.  I am not a big fan of flying, and I live in Virginia, but we did it.  The flight takes about eleven hours, reading is good to occupy the mind.  So, my son did come home,  for a year, then he got a job on the same base in Alaska, as a civilian, doing the same job he did in the Air Force.  He bought a house last year and is now insisting we come up to visit again.  He can be very persistent.  So, my youngest and I, (hub is staying home to take care of everything, he has a bad back and doesn't think he can handle sitting so long -good excuse) are heading off to the great beyond on Tuesday.  I do look forward to seeing my son and his fiance -but I really hate the flying part.
Pictures from '06, hope to get more this time.




It was about a mile hike to this beautiful waterfall.

I wanted to see a moose before we left, on the last day we were leaving
a spot where we had been walking a trail, and there he (or she) was, on the
side of the road!


Glacier





More glacier




No comments:

Post a Comment