Thursday, June 10, 2010

Do You Enjoy Flying?

I just purchased flight tickets last night, my youngest son and I will be flying to Alaska in July to visit my older son, Tom and his fiance.  It was a very hard step to take.  I do not enjoy flying, but I want to see his new house and the both of them, so it's the only way to get there. I remember the first time I flew was to the beach after graduation! I was seventeen, I didn't have a car to drive, neither did my girlfriend, so we flew to the beach in a small prop jet.  It was awful, I can't believe I did it.  We bounced all the way down there.  I really didn't want to get back on that plane to come home.  The next time,  I was around 19, I flew with my husband to California to visit his grandmother, father, and relatives.  That wasn't too bad, a much larger plane, on the way back the plane was half empty, we were going from side to side to see out the windows! (That was some time ago).  In 2006 my son and I flew to Alaska to visit Tom just before he got out of the Air Force, very rough to Phoenix, ok to Alaska, but the plane was smaller than I expected, two rows of three seats, and babies crying, I remember -the poor child had just gone to sleep -peace and quiet, then the lady sitting in front of the childs parents had to loudly ask them a question, they loudly answered - child crying again.....  So, here we go again, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment