Thursday, April 29, 2010

Digital Brushes From Old Catalogs

I really enjoy working in Adobe Photoshop Elements messing around with images.  I just ordered Susan Tuttle's new book - Digital Expressions:Creating Digital Art With Adobe Photoshop Elements, can't wait to get it!  In the mean time I have been scanning the pages of an old catalog I found.  It must be from the late 1800's or early 1900's.  I can't find a date anywhere but it's from Chicago, Ill.  I'm amazed at some of the items in it, female items to musical instruments. A sterling silver tea set is $5.50.  In looking at some of these items, I thought they would make wonderful digital brushes.  I won't try to tell you how to do it, there are many articles online by people who are more knowledgable than I am, I am just learning, hit and miss.
I did add some musical notes, just taken from an old music sheet.


I've put them on a little large so you can see them, but I think they would be wonderful added to an old digital photo. As I experiment I hope to show more items!

The teapot came from this page.



                                               And the wonderful pocket watches!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Most delightful, Martha. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really love your blog!!!!!!!WOWWWWWWWW

    ReplyDelete