Thursday, February 11, 2010

To Keep Or Not To Keep, That Is The Question

Sometimes I have to make the very difficult decision on whether to keep an item that I really love, or to go ahead and sell it to someone else who will also love it. These are some items that I decided to put in my etsy shop for someone else to adopt them.
One of my "most" favorites, a beautiful pill box made in Italy with a wonderful victorian style picture on the top. The glass covering the picture is beveled, and there are additional details added to her hair and dress.


A lovely old Russian Icon, I believe it has been well loved.



I just absolutely adore this bookend! I just wish there were two of them. A young child sitting on a stack of books, inside a book, reading a book.




An old "Tootsie Toy" metal doll house stove. The oven door really opens! I was tempted to keep an eye out for an old doll house and begin furnishing it.




A beautiful old piece of Crown Ducal- Springtime from the early 1900's.






Petalware by MacBeth Evans Glass Co., depression glass from the 30's or 40's. I bought three of these intending to hang them in my kitchen, but they really didn't go with some artwork I had recently put up.

No comments:

Post a Comment