Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Collecting Clear Glass Flower Frogs

I realize flower frogs come in many different shapes -people, animals, artistic shapes, and more -but I just love the ones that are clear glass. I have been running across a few in my travels and have started purchasing the ones I find. I don't have a large collection, but it's growing! I have always loved heavy clear glass, and these seem to fit that perfectly.
I just found this one, it is perfectly flat on top, it has writing on the edge that is very hard to read. It looks like -Pat. Jan. 31 1905, there are numbers 8_419 maybe, the second number has been chipped off and the others I cannot make out exactly. But that date is very interesting.





















It's interesting how each one seems to have it's own color of glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment