Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Furry Grandaughter




My youngest son brought home a rabbit in early June. Of course being an animal lover, I immediately started taking care of her. Clover now resides in our living room. I can't imagine her living in my sons room by herself most of the time. She is a sweetheart, I let her out three times a day. I close off parts of the house and she can run around and kick up her heels, which she does very well. She will jump up on the sofa to be petted. She is just like a dog, she nudges your hand with her nose to keep petting her. I do put the inside cat away, they have played together before, but the cat began to chase her a little too much. Clover will flop on her side when she is very happy with her petting. I must get a picture of that one day. Rabbits can be trained to use a litter box. We have a large plastic container in her cage with cedar shavings in it. She occasionally chews on something she shouldn't but she understands the word "no". She really is a joy to have in the house. She loves... bananas. I read somewhere that they can become addicted to them. Whenever I have a banana I give her a couple of small slices and she loves it. In the summer I grow plants for her. She loves parsley, basil, mint, brocolli, cauliflower, and much more. I know she's looking forward to me getting the garden going in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment