Sunday, February 15, 2009






Alright, I have to admit, I am a little slow at times, but it took me awhile to realize. I have been collecting vintage items for 20 years or more and just saving them for some reason. I have an old book I bought over 15 years ago at an estate sale, it was a collection by a women ahead of her time. She had taken the book "The Standard Dictionary of Facts" and turned it into a collection of newspaper clippings, hymns and other articles she wanted to save. Pasting the articles in the book. This was from the 1920's. I saw the book and became attached to it for some reason. I bought it and brought it home. It lived in my closet until this past year. I have been seeing all the interesting things people are doing with vintage items. There are some wonderful artists out there. So I thought, instead of having these items tucked away where no one can see them I would bring them out and offer them to someone who will make something beautiful with them.

I purchased this delightful sewing box many years ago at a flea market. It has many wonderful items in it. And there they sit, just waiting for someone to create with them.



So I intend to start selling some of my collection in my etsy shop and collecting more, I love antique shops, estate sales, and yard sales. When I finish a quilt or whatever I'm working on I will add that to the mix. I will post pictures here of the most interesting items I dig up! (That's a whole other story.)

No comments:

Post a Comment