Friday, January 23, 2009

Keepers












How attached do we get to our work? I have sold several of my lap quilts while secretly wanting to keep them. I had intended to keep a log cabin quilt when I made it years ago - I have always loved that pattern. But someone very dear to me wanted to buy it to give as a gift. Normally all of my quilts were for sale, so I didn't have the heart to say no. So now I do have several quilts in my home that I never intend to sell. On my dining room table is a quilt using a Kaffe Fassett pattern and fabric.



On the back of the sofa is a pattern I found in a quilt magazine. I have an Ocean Wave pattern out of older fabrics with wonderful color hanging on the wall.


















And on the back of a favorite chair I have another colorful quilt in a Kaffee Fassett Lattice Quilt pattern with miscellaneous fabrics. All of these quilts I love for the color they add to my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment